+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Introduction Thread 2.0

Official Introduction Thread 2.0

I figured we needed to (re-)do introductions in an offical thread so we can know who's who around this here new forum.

Hiya,
    I'm Dominique. I'm 18 & a Music Industries Major at Loyola New Orleans.
    I grew up here & thats how I found out about Community Records.
    Now, I run the CommRec twitter/tumblr
    if you have one of those, follow us!
    I also am a musician & I write songs and play shows and stuff.
    Oh, & I really like Jellyfish.

<3

im levi!! i live in Utah and love music and community records bands

Guess I should post here then.

Hey,
    I'm Matt Rooney, 21, Education Major (USF)
    Live in Tampa, FL
    I don't remember where I found out about Comm Rec, but I've been to Block Party the past two years and plan on going every year.
    I'm in a band that i don't think has a goddamn name yet, but we're getting there. lol.
    I love baking.
    Matt Rooney is a player hater.

I'm Gabe, I major in music & sound recording/music industry at the University of New Haven. I live in Jersey, am a vegetarian and love to go to shows and hang out with bands and other people who go to shows. Ideally, I like to go to shows, meet bands and other people to go to shows and then go eat together. Let's do that sometime.

I'm Daniel Geraci! I'm 21! I love to love, love to help, and mostly love helping my Com Rec friends. I play vocals in a ska hardcore band called Shit Broke Forever! I work and pursue various musical endeavours.

I am ostensibly Ben. I'm 21, I go to Wayne State University in Detroit for English but live in nearby Dearborn. I'm pretty sure I got into ComRec when I became active in the MI ska scene, probably through WATU or Wixson. I run but rarely update blog.michiganska.com and don't do much besides go to shows, contribute to bustling MI Ska forums and hang with nerds. Because of these things, I am an icon.

EDIT: Forgot to include that I was at Block Party last year and will be driving a carload of people down this year, possibly in a convoy fashion with Matt Wixson's Flaming Circus. Eating vegetarian for that weekend last year is what convinced me to eventually stay vegetarian.
    Last edited by Ben M.; 02-14-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Im Bryan, I play bass in A Billion Ernies, and I have mixed/mastered some other band's stuff (Informant, See You In Mexico, Slaughterhouse Chorus) which has been an honor to me. I am obsessed with homebrewing and run a blog about my adventures in making beer.

I love Community Records and everything it stands for. I have had the privelage of spending a lot of time with a lot of the bands on the label, and it has made my life over the past 2 years extremely fullfilling.

Also, I outposted everyone by a long shot on the last forum, and I challenge anyone to stop me from doing it here as well!

I'm James. I do the vocals in my band Twin Cities with my good buddies Joel and Zach. I'm 18 and I'm working my butt off to get accepted into UNO. I plan to major in Film studies. I like to ride bikes and I still think skating is hella cool. I'm currently working on recording some stuff for a this side project of mine. I'm a dude, you're a dude, we're all dudes.
    This is my band Twin Cities~!

LINDSAY SANDERSON! I'm from Boston! I found out about Community Records bands via The Flaming Tsunamis when I ended up at the CommRec Summer Tour '08 when it came through Boston. I take tooooo many pictures, and love to be silly. I go to the shows, travel far and have so much fun. I live a punk rawk life and make sandwiches for a living so I can spend the other half of my life supporting awesome bands much like the ones on community records. i love you all so much. let's be real. I want to give you all high fives.

High five party in t minus 2 months. Youre the best Lindz, can't wait to see ya and make silly faces when you take pictures of ABE =D

+ Reply to Thread